Pages

Mango Sago with Pomelo 杨枝甘露

I’m a dessert person and I love to make any dessert which I came across. Mango Sago with pomelo is one of irresistible dessert if you are a mango lover and I love the one I ate in HKG. This recipe has been buried in my digital recipe folder for quite sometime as I couldn’t get pomelo till the day I saw in supermarket. Without any hesitant, I grab them home and start my day at my kitchen nook.

I love this recipe to bits as it awesome for singapore’s weather.



Ingredients:
(Serves 6-8)
Adapted from Zu’s Kitchen
- 800ml mango juice (freshly squeezed using fruit juice extractor or ready-made; I use Marigold PeelFresh)
- 250ml evaporated milk
- 4 large ripe honey mangoes, cubed
- sugar syrup by mixing 2 tbsp caster sugar with just enough hot water to dissolve
- 100g pearl sago, soak in water for 20 minutes till white and enlarged, then rinsed
- Pomelo, peeled and sacs separated, about 50g or more

Tools:- Blender

Method:
1. Boil a pot of water, add sago and boil for a short while till the sago is transparent. Run the cooked sago through a fine sieve and running water to remove excess starch. Set aside.
2. Reserve one quarter of the cubed mangoes for garnishing (step 4). In a blender, blend the rest of the mangoes and the evaporated milk for a short while till well mixed.
3. Mix mango smoothie prepared in step 2 with mango juice. Add sugar syrup to taste. Add cooked pearl sago prepared in step 1 to the mixture. Chill in fridge.
4. To serve, portion out to individual serving bowls and garnish with pomelo sacs and cubed mangoes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails